What's Cooking

Monday, November 15, 2010

Date Night!

Last Friday night was date night.  My husband and I have been together for nine and a half years, give or take.  The last time we went out on an honest-to-goodness, I-better-wear-something-cute date, was...about seven years ago.  Obviously we've spent a lot of time together over the years. But when you eat, sleep and do laundry together, it seems unnecessary to define certain meals or experiences as "dates".

Now we're in med school.  It's practically like being in college again--minus the fun...and the late nights out (We're responsible adults now. With obligations).  Plus many more hours of studying than I recall from our college days.  And if you're not careful, school could consume your whole life.

That's why this date has been on the books for 3 weeks.  Yes, 3 weeks.  Yes, there was a smart phone calendar involved.  Considerations included Ben's exam schedule, my grandmother's upcoming visit, Thanksgiving, and the date of expiration on our Leunig's gift certificate.   


Anyway, I won't bore you with the details.  The point is that it was pleasant to have an evening set aside to spend time together.  Without flashcards.  And the flowers were a nice touch. 

1 comment:

  1. awwwww glad to hear it went well and that you didn't have to reschedule it...again :)

    ReplyDelete