What's Cooking

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Making Every Minute Count

My husband has been described as "ruthlessly efficient".  I'm not sure who coined the description, but it's pretty apt.  For example, it's not uncommon for him to stretch his calves, read a magazine and brush his teeth all at the same time. Really! Over the years, he's toned it down a bit, but I have to say, it seems to be coming back to him.

Last Saturday we were going to pick up Ben's mom from the airport and grab dinner.  We get in the car and bam! Summary of the Functions and Fiber Types of the Cranial Nerves.  Aww man...seriously?  Yes, he was completely serious.  So quiz him I did. (He was driving.) When we get to the airport, I'm thinking we're done with study time.  No.  We have about 10 minutes before my mother-in-law's scheduled to arrive.  And Ben is equipped with flash cards.  Flash cards with large words and funny drawings.  I don't even know how I'm supposed to quiz someone on a drawing.


The good news is, he did seem to make progress on the material. And the total study time gained: approx. 30 minutes, though I do question the prudence of studying while driving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment