What's Cooking

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Emotional Barometer

My husband is not the type of guy that gets flustered easily.  So I was really taken aback when this whole med school thing started to make him lose his cool.  Umm...you signed up for this.  It's your dream. Hello?!  I so know that is not the type of attitude he needs right now, but as long as we're being honest...

Thankfully, his attitude has changed over the last week or so.  He's acting a lot like the person I married.  It seems that he came to the realization that there is a wall of information to learn.  More than you could realistically expect to master in 12 weeks.  And all he can do is his best. If he's wasting time being stressed, he can't possibly do his best.

So our household is feeling focused but calmer and more relaxed. That's a relief!

2 comments:

  1. I should note, that as far as I am concerned, I didn't become flustered until HSF started 7 weeks ago :)

    ReplyDelete