What's Cooking

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Doc Holiday (Part 1)

I wish I could show you the photographic evidence, but it's been lost.  This time last year, I had four guys on bike trainers in our very tiny bike room-cum-office.  Pretty funny stuff, but it probably took an entire day to air out the room when they were finished.  I'll tell you how it happened.

It all started about three years ago, when my husband participated in a research study.  On the last day of the study, the researcher had to leave by noon to get to a wedding that afternoon.  Interesting, since Ben also had a wedding to get to.  What are the odds we'd be attending the same wedding?  In Vermont--with a total population of approximately 600,000--pretty good!  And thus began our friendship with Masaru (a then-med student) and his fabulous wife (then-girlfriend) Erica.  

Over the years, Ben ran, biked and swam with Masaru and some of his like-minded friends, and Ben, thereby, befriended those friends.  Erica and I shopped, ate and occasionally did long runs together.  Fast forward to Christmas 2009.  Masaru and Erica had left the state for residency with plans to return for the holidays late Christmas night...

TO BE CONTINUED 

No comments:

Post a Comment