What's Cooking

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Beach Bum

And...I'm back!  As Ben completed his first semester in med school last week, I found myself doing yoga and sipping chaya & pineapple juice drinks on the beach in Tulum, Mexico. What a pity, no?  

Last year, I promised myself a trip to the beach this winter.  Unfortunately, with Ben starting med school in the Fall, it would be difficult for us to go on holiday together.  Enter: my fellow widow, Erica.  She's got it worse, of course, since her husband is a 2nd-year resident.  This was our second-annual widows-getaway; last December we took a trip to Chicago for eating, shopping and a show.  That was great, but I have to be honest: Tulum kind of blew Chicago out of the water. See for yourself:

View from the restaurant.


Sunrise as viewed from our balcony.

Our room in the best cabana at Amansala, with a view of the ocean!

The restaurant on the first floor and one of the yoga studios on the top floor.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful place! Glad you had a nice relaxing and fun time!!

    ReplyDelete