What's Cooking

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Can't Get Away

Med school is following me. I can't get away.  In our time off this weekend, we found ourselves watching 3 solid hours of Seinfeld on TBS.  Which is...and was...the greatest TV show of all time.  I'm fairly certain I've seen every episode.  Funny, then, that I did not remember the episode where Kramer and Mickie are working as SP's.  For those of you who are not up on your med school jargon, SP is short for "standardized patient".  

Standardized patients are trained to teach med students "doctoring skills".  (A term which still makes me giggle, inexplicably.) They act as patients to allow the students to practice these skills, and then the SP's evaluate how well the students perform.


So without further ado:  check out Kramer as an SP.  I'm certain this is exactly how it works in real life.  No, not really.  By the way, this one's probably not appropriate for kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment