If your "person" is in med school, you better get a hobby. I have one...or two...or three...
I love to cook. Largely because I love to eat. It's convenient that way. On the other hand, I do not enjoy grocery shopping--too many people, and too many choices! That's one reason we bought a CSA share with a local farm. I love picking up a collection of farm-selected veggies (and in our case: bread, cheese, eggs, meats) at the beginning of the week and making it all work, while limiting our time spent at the grocery store. It's especially great since the grocery shopping typically fell to Ben before school started.
In the share today, we got a healthy dose of beets, some potatoes, kale, onions, garlic, goat cheese, etc. To help with menu planning, I recently purchased The Flavor Bible, which offers suggestions of what flavors/cooking methods work best for each ingredient. I looked up beets, and it inspired an idea. Beet and Potato Pierogies? With homemade wrappers? Can it be done...by me? I don't know yet, but I do know that it is possible to make homemade wonton wrappers. I know, because I made 50 tonight. I hope to stuff and cook some tomorrow. If they aren't a total disaster, I'll try to post photos. Yum.
What's your hobby?
No comments:
Post a Comment