What's Cooking

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Potluck Recipe

I meant to tell you! On Sunday, we had a potluck with a few other med students.  I made macaroni and cheese.  I believe the Gourmet cookbook billed it as being the best macaroni and cheese on the planet...which I would normally think was B.S.  Not in this case. My mouth is literally watering thinking about it. Despite my awareness of the extreme keep-the-cath-lab-in-business quantity of Cabot cheddar cheese in the sauce. Despite the cups of cream. Despite the whole milk. Or probably because of those things.  Mmm...SO good. Why have I never made this before now?

 

Anyway, lovely guests!  Lovely veggies and salad to offset (maybe? hopefully) the artery-clogging mac and cheese. Terrific homemade bread.  I wish the photo did everyone's dishes justice.

But I did learn something. 2:3. That is, for every 3 med students at a party, you would be wise to have at least 2 non-students. Because eventually...inevitably...the discussion will devolve into conversation about the latest exam, Latin (is it Latin?) anatomy terms, gross anatomy lab and the general craziness of the entire system.  That is the moment that you'll be grateful for someone else who doesn't speak medicine. Perhaps someone who frequents People.com or follows the Real Housewives.

2 comments:

  1. PICK ME! PICK ME! PICK ME!

    I love the Housewives (p.s. have you seen the Beverly Hills one?? It's awesome!) and celebrity gossip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beverly Hills is so intriguing. They just don't seem REAL!

    ReplyDelete