What's Cooking

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Oot and Aboot

If you're from the Burlington, VT area, you may be familiar with the Windjammer restaurant.  The Windjammer is, perhaps, best known for its gigantic salad bar, elegantly displayed in a modified boat full of shaved ice.  I don't go there much, but I happen to know a certain bride-to-be who has a particular affinity for this veggie patch.


So I spent the evening out.  Drinking $6 martinis and eating salad.  As I imbibed and gorged, laughed and celebrated a dear friend, I looked around at an amazing group of vibrant, fabulous women. And I realized that although I've known these women for years, I've never really taken the time to get to know them.  I'm grateful for the opportunity.


The point is: you had a life before your med student.  You had interests and friends. You were interesting.  Maybe you've lost sight of that a little bit along the way.  But this might be just the right time to strengthen bonds with old friends and build relationships with new ones!


A special note of gratitude to B.H. for colluding to make this a successful evening.

4 comments:

  1. The collusion was well worth it, as she's still smiling about it! And I'm just glad I got to be devious in the All-American way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, YEAH! None of that creepy stuff! :) I'm glad she had fun--she deserves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That "she" is finally reporting and confirming that a great time was definitely had!! Thank you both!

    Did you entitle it "Oot and Aboot" on purpose?? I'm sensing a slight Canadian accent :)

    p.s. I'm still drooling over your cake....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DID title it that on purpose...is that offensive? :)

    ReplyDelete