What's Cooking

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

No Good, Very Bad Day

Today sucked. Ben's stressed.  It's making me stressed. And, it seems, I whistle without even noticing it.  Maybe I was a little sensitive when he shut himself in the bike room with a white noise machine. I really did feel bad.  I hate fighting--especially before 7AM.  But we came to an understanding (does it count if it was over e-mail?), and I now know not to interpret the white noise barrier as a passive-aggressive affront.  Phew! Glad we got that straight.

It was also one of those days where every single e-mail reminds you of something you forgot to do. Every person who calls is demanding and unreasonable. I actually cried at work--ugh. Hate that!

But! I found out I have a regular reader.  Who I'm not related to.  Who is not obligated by the bonds of friendship to read my blog.  Thank you!  You saved my crummy day. :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm related to you but still not obligated to read. But let me ask you this question:
    If I were a goofus on the roofus, hollering my head off, would you be a goofus on the roofus, too?

    I love the bracelet and earrings and wear them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true!! I'm glad you're reading! And I'm glad you're enjoying the jewelry. I was fond of them myself and almost didn't send them--hee hee. And for you, I would always be a goofus on the roofus. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I did wonder how you could bear to part with them. A big compliment for you: Shelley and I went to a big gem show Friday (jewelry-makers galore) and several of the vendors there were very impressed with your work. Send me some cards, if you've any!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, even at the shop, we have THOSE days. Actually, we have LOTS of THOSE days. Some of THOSE days are when I just shake my head in disbelief of the work ethic of some staff. I feel like my head will explode if I hear the word "redonkulous" or "chillaxin" one more time. Some of THOSE days are when every customer are just...how do I say this politely (?)..FRICKIN LUNATICS!!! Ahh, it feels good to get that out there. Yes, they are absolutely certified (add in your favorite expletive) lunatics. I just want to tell them all to just jump in their whack-job jackwagen trains of thought and leave....but this always comes out of my mouth as "So then, how may we help you today?" Yes, we all have THOSE days. They do help in that they add contrast to those GREAT days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly, Richard, this is a forum--so feel free to share! :) But you are right; you can't appreciate the good days without the bad days.

    ReplyDelete