What's Cooking

Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday Meal Time

I'm so sad! I cooked up something delicious tonight.  And I forgot to take a photo.  So you'll just have to take my word for it, because it didn't last long.

Pork butt.  I promise it's not what you think.  It's actually the upper shoulder, and I can now tell you that it's fantastic!  Especially braised.  In white wine and chicken stock.  With garlic, onions and apples.  Laced with sage and bay leaves.  Cooked until the meat falls right off the bone.  The scent filling the entire condo for hours. A-mazing! 

It was the inaugural dish for my new Le Creuset--in the classic orange enamel, of course.  I always thought it was called a Dutch Oven, but I just noticed that Le Creuset refers to their version as a French Oven.  How very French.  Regardless, I love it, and now that I know what kind of magic it can create, I'm pretty certain it's my new favorite kitchen toy.  


Super bonus: Ben and I chowed down together tonight. 

3 comments:

  1. Super bonus indeed! It was tasty, smelled great and was with my wife!

    The same wife who kindly lets me practice my exam skills on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food photos!!! We like photos of food.

    ReplyDelete