It’s my birthday today! So yesterday, for the first time in my working career, I took a day off in honor of my own birth. It seems a bit self-indulgent on paper, but I guess that’s the point. My mother and I spent the day together, starting with a birthday lunch at Leunig’s Bistro—thanks Mama! I treated myself to shopping and an apple cider pedicure at Tootsie’s. With the exception of the blustery, wet weather, it was a fun, relaxing day.
I’ve been supporting my husband’s dream for a little while now. I don’t mean that in a resentful way (not usually, anyway), but I think it’s important to take time out for yourself in order to have the energy to take care of others. This may just become an annual tradition.
That’s all for now! Time to get ready for dinner and cake!
Happy Birthday!! and you deserve it!!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDeleteVery good advise for all of us - take care of yourself in order to help others. Sort of a Golden Rule take as well. You are inspiring me to contribute to the "social network". Keep it up.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Martha and I'm soooo glad you were able to take the day of and enjoy it!!! I follow that same mantra and have yet to work on any of my birthdays! Selfish or not, it's your day :)
ReplyDelete