What's Cooking

Thursday, October 14, 2010

House Guest

We had a house guest last night--let's call him "Joe". He was polite, neat and Californian...and he brought his own food; I hope we didn't scare him away.  This visit was arranged through UVM COM, which has organized a program in which interviewees can live on the edge and take their chances on accommodations the evening before one of the most important days of their life. A "Priceline" for the med school hopeful crowd.  Current students are invited to host candidates, but the candidates don't make the final choice of where they end up staying.  We signed up immediately, of course.  Fortunately, it worked out better than the Chinese exchange teacher.

"Joe's" whirlwind visit (I'm talkin' 28 hours in VT) consisted of dinner with Ben and another med school friend--let's call her Maia, since that's her actual name. 8 hours of sleep (hopefully) on our "if you like a firm mattress, it's extremely comfortable" pull out couch.  Breakfast of BYO Oatmeal, 5+ hours actually interviewing, and the 15 minute tour of Burlington, South Burlington and the corner of Winooski on the way to the airport.

All in the name of getting into the club.

3 comments:

  1. We also enjoyed a relaxing walk down the hill to the waterfront and lunch there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I guess I never heard about that!

    ReplyDelete